Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a historical and political sociology of European history and society. It offers a critical interpretation of the course of European history looking at the emergence of the idea of Europe and the formation of modernity.
Now fully updated, Delanty's second edition features commentary on Brexit, populism, the refugee crisis, and secessionism, as well as additional coverage of colonialism and the wider global context. The book will be in an invaluable resource for advanced undergraduates and postgraduate students of historical sociology, the history of Europe, nations and modernity, political sociology, and political and social theory.
- Book Title Formations of European Modernity
- Book Subtitle A Historical and Political Sociology of Europe
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95435-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-95434-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-95435-6
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages LIX, 479
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site