About this book
This volume presents a panorama of the diverse activities organized by V. Heiermann and D. Prasad in Marseille at the CIRM for the Chaire Morlet event during the first semester of 2016. It assembles together expository articles on topics which previously could only be found in research papers.
Starting with a very detailed article by P. Baumann and S. Riche on the geometric Satake correspondence, the book continues with three introductory articles on distinguished representations due to P. Broussous, F. Murnaghan, and O. Offen; an expository article of I. Badulescu on the Jacquet–Langlands correspondence; a paper of J. Arthur on functoriality and the trace formula in the context of "Beyond Endoscopy", taken from the Simons Proceedings; an article of W-W. Li attempting to generalize Godement–Jacquet theory; and a research paper of C. Moeglin and D. Renard, applying the trace formula to the local Langlands classification for classical groups.
The book should be of interest to students as well as professional researchers working in the broad area of number theory and representation theory.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Relative Aspects in Representation Theory, Langlands Functoriality and Automorphic Forms
- Book Subtitle CIRM Jean-Morlet Chair, Spring 2016
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Mathematics
- Series Abbreviated Title Lect.Notes Mathematics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95231-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-95230-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-95231-4
- Series ISSN 0075-8434
- Series E-ISSN 1617-9692
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VII, 364
- Number of Illustrations 51 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
Topological Groups, Lie Groups
Order, Lattices, Ordered Algebraic Structures
Several Complex Variables and Analytic Spaces
- Buy this book on publisher's site