About this book
This edited collection examines contemporary directions in geographical research on South Africa. It encompasses a cross section of selected themes of critical importance not only to the discipline of Geography in South Africa, but also of relevance to other areas of the Global South.
All chapters are original contributions, providing a state of the art research baseline on key themes in physical, human and environmental geography, and in understanding the changing geographical landscapes of modern South Africa.
These contributions set the scene for an understanding of the relationships between modern South Africa and the wider contemporary world, including issues of sustainable development and growth in the Global South.
Land Surface Processes and Landscape Evolution Climate Change on the Southern Hemisphere Environmental and Natural Resources Environmental Management in South Africa Sustainable Development in the Global South Economic Development in Southern Africa Spatial Change Environmental Geography of South Africa
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Geography of South Africa
- Book Subtitle Contemporary Changes and New Directions
Christian M. Rogerson
- Series Title World Regional Geography Book Series
- Series Abbreviated Title World Regional Geography Book Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94974-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-94973-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-94974-1
- Series ISSN 2363-9083
- Series E-ISSN 2363-9091
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 326
- Number of Illustrations 14 b/w illustrations, 91 illustrations in colour
World Regional Geography (Continents, Countries, Regions)
- Buy this book on publisher's site