About this book
This text introduces cryptography, from its earliest roots to cryptosystems used today for secure online communication.
Beginning with classical ciphers and their cryptanalysis, this book proceeds to focus on modern public key cryptosystems such as Diffie-Hellman, ElGamal, RSA, and elliptic curve cryptography with an analysis of vulnerabilities of these systems and underlying mathematical issues such as factorization algorithms. Specialized topics such as zero knowledge proofs, cryptographic voting, coding theory, and new research are covered in the final section of this book.
Aimed at undergraduate students, this book contains a large selection of problems, ranging from straightforward to difficult, and can be used as a textbook for classes as well as self-study. Requiring only a solid grounding in basic mathematics, this book will also appeal to advanced high school students and amateur mathematicians interested in this fascinating and topical subject.
Cryptography ciphers cryptanalysis publickey cryptosystems elliptic curve cryptography RSA DiffieHellman ElGamal factorization algorithms coding theory cryptographic voting
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94818-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-94817-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-94818-8
- Series Print ISSN 1615-2085
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4144
- Buy this book on publisher's site