Table of contents
About this book
This edited volume provides a comprehensive overview of rural-urban migration in Vietnam. It addresses a wide range of important topics, including Vietnam’s household registration system (ho khau), migration trends, remittance behaviour and social networking. In addition, it examines migrants’ earnings, their children’s schooling, housing issues and their families’ consumption behaviour in their destination cities.
The book is mainly based on new data from the Australian National University's ‘Study of Rural-Urban Migration in Vietnam with Insights from China and Indonesia’ (VRUM) project, which identifies migrants from the large-scale, representative ‘Vietnam Household Living Standards Survey’ 2012 (VHLSS2012). In addition to the data from the VRUM project, the book draws on other widely used data sources to provide a comprehensive picture of rural-urban migrants in Vietnam.
By highlighting the issues and challenges brought about by the large-scale rural-urban migration in Vietnam, the book helps researchers and policymakers more effectively formulate policies to respond to those challenges. Moreover, Vietnam’s experience can serve as lessons learnt to other transitional/developing countries.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94574-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-94573-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-94574-3
- Series Print ISSN 1431-6978
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking