About this book
This monograph aims to familiarize readers with the problem of evaluating the quality and reliability of digital geographic information in terms of their use. It identifies the key requirements for the functionality of this information and describes the system of evaluating its quality and reliability. The whole text is supplemented by examples that document the impact of different quality of the information on the entire decision-making process in command and control systems at the rescue and military levels.
The monograph is primarily intended for professionals who are responsible for the implementation of digital geographic information in command and control systems, or for those who use them in their work. For this reason, particular attention is paid especially to the user aspects of the digital geographic information used.Václav Talhofer is Full Professor of Cartography and Geoinformatics at the University of Defense in Brno, Czech Republic.
Šárka Hošková-Mayerová is Associate Professor of Mathematics at the University of Defense in Brno, Czech Republic.
Alois Hofmann is a teacher and scientist of Cartography and Geoinformatics at the University of Defense in Brno, Czech Republic.
All authors contributing to this book have been extensively studying the methods and procedures for the use of digital geographic information, especially in the environment of the Czech Armed Forces.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94562-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-94561-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-94562-0
- Series Print ISSN 2198-4182
- Series Online ISSN 2198-4190
- Buy this book on publisher's site