About this book
This book considers several major configurations of convective chambers and the applied magnetic field. For each of them, the stability boundaries are determined theoretically and experimentally. The physical types of dominant instabilities and the characteristics of their interactions are subsequently established using linear and weakly non-linear hydrodynamic stability analyses and elements of bifurcation theory. The book also discusses the potential of using magnetically controlled ferro-nanofluids as a heat carrier in situations where heat removal by natural convection is not possible due to the lack of gravity (orbital stations) or extreme confinement (microelectronics).
Researchers and practitioners working in the areas of fluid mechanics, hydrodynamic stability, and heat and mass transfer will benefit from this book.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94427-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-94426-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-94427-2
- Series Print ISSN 1571-8689
- Series Online ISSN 1876-9896
- Buy this book on publisher's site