Table of contents
About this book
The book presents recent results and new trends in the theory of fluid mechanics. Each of the four chapters focuses on a different problem in fluid flow accompanied by an overview of available older results.
The chapters are extended lecture notes from the ESSAM school "Mathematical Aspects of Fluid Flows" held in Kácov (Czech Republic) in May/June 2017.The lectures were presented by Dominic Breit (Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh), Yann Brenier (École Polytechnique, Palaiseau), Pierre-Emmanuel Jabin (University of Maryland) and Christian Rohde (Universität Stuttgart), and cover various aspects of mathematical fluid mechanics – from Euler equations, compressible Navier-Stokes equations and stochastic equations in fluid mechanics to equations describing two-phase flow; from the modeling and mathematical analysis of equations to numerical methods. Although the chapters feature relatively recent results, they are presented in a form accessible to PhD students in the field of mathematical fluid mechanics.
stochastic navier-stokes equations martingale solutions euler equations measure-valued solutions dissipative solutions compressible transport equation compactness of solutions two-phase flow diffuse and sharp interface
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94343-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-94342-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-94343-5
- Series Print ISSN 2523-3343
- Series Online ISSN 2523-3351
- Buy this book on publisher's site