Table of contents
About this book
This book integrates the models employed in the fundamental analysis of a company with the models used by investors in the capital markets to diversify risks and maximize expected returns. The underlying thesis is that the company creates value only if the return on capital invested exceeds the cost of capital, while the objective is to demonstrate how integration of the fields of corporate finance and asset pricing enables comprehensive and accurate company valuation.
Companies can thrive only if they are able to create value for shareholders over time. A company’s value creation and the correct approach to its measurement require two main skills: first, the ability to analyze and evaluate the company’s fundamentals with respect to its business model and its performance over time; and second, knowledge of investors’ models with regard to risk diversification and return maximization from which the cost of capital for the firm is derived. Based on this perspective, the book combines rigorous quantitative analysis with effective use of graphics to aid intuitive understanding.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93551-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-93550-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-93551-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking