About this book
This book explores the relationship between the changing nature of capitalism and the creation of the new worker. In a changing global economy, work - as the activity that structures individuals in capitalism both socially and psychologically - is being undermined.
Combining a Gramscian critique of contemporary patterns of capitalist labour control with Lacanian psychoanalysis, Durand examines what kinds of human beings are emerging in and through modern work, or on its margins.
Creating the New Worker will be of interest to students and scholars who engage in the sociology and psychology of work, economics, and labour.
Late capitalism Lacan Gramsci labour labour control social innovation service industries
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93260-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-93259-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-93260-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site