About this book
This practically-oriented textbook presents an accessible introduction to discrete mathematics through a substantial collection of classroom-tested exercises. Each chapter opens with concise coverage of the theory underlying the topic, reviewing the basic concepts and establishing the terminology, as well as providing the key formulae and instructions on their use. This is then followed by a detailed account of the most common problems in the area, before the reader is invited to practice solving such problems for themselves through a varied series of questions and assignments.
Topics and features:
- Provides an extensive set of exercises and examples of varying levels of complexity, suitable for both laboratory practical training and self-study
- Offers detailed solutions to each problem, applying commonly-used methods and computational schemes
- Introduces the fundamentals of mathematical logic, the theory of algorithms, Boolean algebra, graph theory, sets, relations, functions, and combinatorics
- Presents more advanced material on the design and analysis of algorithms, including asymptotic analysis, and parallel algorithms
- Includes reference lists of trigonometric and finite summation formulae in an appendix, together with basic rules for differential and integral calculus
This hands-on study guide is designed to address the core needs of undergraduate students training in computer science, informatics, and electronic engineering, emphasizing the skills required to develop and implement an algorithm in a specific programming language.
Dr. Sergei Kurgalin is a Professor and Head of the Department of Digital Technologies at Voronezh State University, Russia. Dr. Sergei Borzunov is an Associate Professor at the same institution.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92645-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92644-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92645-2
- Series Print ISSN 1868-0941
- Series Online ISSN 1868-095X
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software