About this book
This book highlights Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) as a viable alternative to the Nuclear Power Plants (NPPs), which have been used as desalination plant energy sources. SMRs have lower investment costs, inherent safety features, and increased availability compared to NPPs. The unique and innovative approach to implementation of SMRs as part of Gen-IV technology outlined in this book contributes to the application of nuclear power as a supplementary source to renewable energy.
- Discusses Gen-IV Power plants, their efficiency, cost effectiveness, safety, and methods to supply renewable energy;
- Presents Small Modular Reactors as a viable alternative to Nuclear Power Plants;
- Describes the benefits, uses, safety features, and challenges related to implementation of Small Modular Reactors.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92594-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92593-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92594-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site