About this book
This book analyzes the development of Islam and Muslim communities in the West, including influences from abroad, relations with the state and society, and internal community dynamics. The project examines the emergence of Islam in the West in relation to the place of Muslim communities as part of the social fabric of Western societies. It provides an overview of the major issues and debates that have arisen over the last three to four decades surrounding the presence of new Muslim communities residing in Western liberal democracies. As such, the volume is an ideal text for courses focusing on Islam and Muslim communities in the West.
Adis Duderija is Lecturer in the Study of Islam and Society in the School of Languages and Social Science, Griffith University, Australia.
Halim Rane is Associate Professor of Islam-West Relations in the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science, Griffith University, Australia.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92510-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92509-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92510-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences