About this book
This book explores the tribal politics of the Awlad ‘Ali Bedouin in the borderland of Egypt and Libya. These tribal politics are part of heterarchy in which sovereignty is shared between tribes, states and other groups and, within this dynamic setting, the local politicians of the Awlad ‘Ali are essential producers of order beyond the framework of the nation state. Based on long-term fieldwork, this monograph is ideal for audiences interested in North African Politics, Libya, Egypt, and borderland studies.
Thomas Hüsken is Senior Research Fellow at the Department for Ethnology of the University of Bayreuth, Germany.
Awlad 'Ali Libya Egypt Bedouin Bordeland African Politics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92342-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92341-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92342-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site