About this book
This is the first volume on adsorption using green adsorbents and is written by international contributors who are the leading experts in the adsorption field. The first volume provides an overview of fundamentals and design of adsorption processes. For people who are new to the field, the book starts by two overview chapters presenting the principles and properties of wastewater treatment and adsorption processes. The book also provides a comprehensive source of knowledge on acid-base properties of biosorbents. It discusses fractal-like kinetic models for fluid-solid adsorption, reports on the chemical characterization of oxidized activated carbons for metal removal, and the use of magnetic biosorbents in water treatment.
Furthermore, the thermodynamic properties of metals adsorption by green adsorbents, and biosorption of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and organic pollutants are reviewed, and finally the recent trends and impact of nanomaterials as green adsorbent and potential catalysts for environmental applications are summarized.
The audience for this book includes students, environmentalists, engineers, water scientists, civil and industrial personnel who wish to specialize in adsorption technology. Academically, this book will be of use to students in chemical and environmental engineering who wish to learn about adsorption and its fundamentals. It has also been compiled for practicing engineers who wish to know about recent developments on adsorbent materials in order to promote further research toward improving and developing newer adsorbents and processes for the efficient removal of pollutants from industrial effluents. It is hoped that the book will serve as a readable and useful presentation not only for undergraduate and postgraduate students but also for the water scientists and engineers and as a convenient reference handbook in the form of numerous recent examples and appended information.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Green Adsorbents for Pollutant Removal
- Book Subtitle Fundamentals and Design
- Series Title Environmental Chemistry for a Sustainable World
- Series Abbreviated Title Environ. Chemistry f.Sustainable World
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92111-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-92110-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-06365-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-92111-2
- Series ISSN 2213-7114
- Series E-ISSN 2213-7122
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 390
- Number of Illustrations 41 b/w illustrations, 52 illustrations in colour
Waste Water Technology / Water Pollution Control / Water Management / Aquatic Pollution
Nanotechnology and Microengineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site