About this book
The book concisely presents the fundamental aspects of the theory of operators on Hilbert spaces. The topics covered include functional calculus and spectral theorems, compact operators, trace class and Hilbert-Schmidt operators, self-adjoint extensions of symmetric operators, and one-parameter groups of operators.
The exposition of the material on unbounded operators is based on a novel tool, called the z-transform, which provides a way to encode full information about unbounded operators in bounded ones, hence making many technical aspects of the theory less involved.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92061-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92060-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92061-0
- Series Print ISSN 2296-4568
- Series Online ISSN 2296-455X
- Buy this book on publisher's site