Table of contents
About this book
The book contains the refereed contributions from the 45th Annual Meeting of the International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue (ISOTT) 2017. This volume covers cross-disciplinary work on a broad range of topics related to the dynamics of oxygen transport: microcirculation and vascular medicine; O2 deficiency and its impact on molecular processes in cells and tissues; cellular metabolism and mitochondrial function; multimodal functional imaging; mathematical modeling; the clinical relevance of oxygen supply as well as therapeutic interventions (e.g. in oncology or critical care medicine). The annual meetings of ISOTT bring together scientists from diverse fields (medicine, physiology, mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, etc.) in a unique international forum. The book includes sections on brain oxygenation and function, NIRS oxygenation measurements, tumor oxygenation, cell metabolism, tissue oxygenation and treatment, methodical aspects of O2 measurements and physicochemical aspects of oxygen diffusion.
Chapters 3, 24, 49 and 51 of this book are open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91287-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-91285-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-91287-5
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site