About this book
This book is a significant companion text to the existing literature on continuum theory. It opens with background information of continuum theory, so often missing from the preceding publications, and then explores the following topics: inverse limits, the Jones set function T, homogenous continua, and n-fold hyperspaces. In this new edition of the book, the author builds on the aforementioned topics, including the unprecedented presentation of n-fold hyperspace suspensions and induced maps on n-fold hyperspaces.
The first edition of the book has had a remarkable impact on the continuum theory community. After twelve years, this updated version will also prove to be an excellent resource within the field of topology.
- Book Title Topics on Continua
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90902-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-90901-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-08127-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-90902-8
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XVII, 441
- Number of Illustrations 47 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Global Analysis and Analysis on Manifolds
- Buy this book on publisher's site