About this book
This book provides a comprehensive analysis of the brain drain from Turkey, with particular focus on its gender dimension. The author presents a review of brain drain literature, as well as analyzing the brain drain from Turkey using original survey data. Presenting an account of state changes in Turkey, and using a range of empirical methods, the book argues that women have a higher tendency not to return to the country due to increasing gender inequality, borne out of a shift towards a more authoritarian regime over the last decade.
Brain Drain and Gender Inequality in Turkey will be of interest to students and scholars across a range of disciplines, including migration studies, social policy, and gender studies.
labor market high-skilled migration Islam society skill mobility
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90860-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90859-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90860-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site