Table of contents
About this book
Bioinformatics is an important part of DNA barcoding and the concept of R in DNA Barcoding is a very recent development. This book contains a full chapter devoted to this very important topic.
Further areas where DNA barcoding can be applied are: management of invasive alien species, plant animal interactions, forensic botany, clinical microbiology especially in relation to infection management, DNA database management, among others. This book also includes very useful information related to the DNA barcoding and molecular phylogeny of microbes, aquatic plants, algae, mosquitoes, elasmobranchs, fishes, reptiles, birds and ruminant mammals. Some unique case studies describe DNA barcoding of reptiles dwelling in Saudi Arabian deserts, DNA barcoding of a high altitude medicinal plant, genetic variation studies in both wild and hatchery populations of Anabas testudineus, DNA Barcoding and molecular phylogeny of Ichthyoplankton and juvenile fishes of Kuantan River in Malaysia.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90680-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90679-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90680-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site