Table of contents
About these proceedings
This volume contains research papers and surveys reflecting the topics discussed at the EMS Summer School on Multigraded Algebra and Applications held in Romania in August 2016. The school, which served as the 24th National School on Algebra, presented the main research directions of combinatorial commutative algebra with a strong focus on its applications in combinatorics, statistics, and biology. Recent progress in the field has led to new insights and suggested algebraic techniques for solving real-world data analysis problems. The summer school and resulting proceedings volume have raised numerous novel questions and encouraged a more interdisciplinary approach for young researchers when considering problems in pure and applied mathematical research.
Featured topics in this volume include toric rings, binomial edge ideals, Betti numbers for numerical semigroup rings, and Waldschmidt constants. Researchers and graduate students interested in the developments of the field will find this book useful for their studies.
Algebra Multigraded Algebra Conference Proceedings Research Applications monomial Ideals Binomial Ideals Primary Decomposition Toric Rings Groebner Bases
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90493-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90492-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90493-1
- Series Print ISSN 2194-1009
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1017
- Buy this book on publisher's site