Table of contents
About this book
This book comprehensively reviews the use of echocardiography in the rapidly evolving field of critical care cardiology. Increasingly, cardiac care units (CCU) are focusing on the management of patients with multisystem diseases, advanced hemodynamics compromise, complex ventricular arrhythmias, and established or incipient multi-organ failure. This book covers ultrasound applications in such topics as hemodynamic assessment and the assessment of patients with intracardiac devices. Syndrome-based echocardiography in the CCU is also covered with an emphasis on using echocardiography in patients with acute dyspnea, acute chest pain and neurologic syndromes. The use of contrast echocardiography in the CCU is also covered.
Echocardiography in the CCU reveals the essential role of various echocardiographic modalities in modern acute cardiovascular care. This is therefore a critical resource for all cardiology practitioners and trainees who use echocardiography in CCUs.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Echocardiography in the CCU
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90278-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-90277-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-90278-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 270
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 177 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site