About this book
This textbook provides a self-contained introduction to numerical methods in probability with a focus on applications to finance.
Topics covered include the Monte Carlo simulation (including simulation of random variables, variance reduction, quasi-Monte Carlo simulation, and more recent developments such as the multilevel paradigm), stochastic optimization and approximation, discretization schemes of stochastic differential equations, as well as optimal quantization methods. The author further presents detailed applications to numerical aspects of pricing and hedging of financial derivatives, risk measures (such as value-at-risk and conditional value-at-risk), implicitation of parameters, and calibration.
Aimed at graduate students and advanced undergraduate students, this book contains useful examples and over 150 exercises, making it suitable for self-study.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90276-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-90274-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-90276-0
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- Buy this book on publisher's site