Table of contents
About this book
This book explores and compares the systems of doctoral education in twelve higher education systems, consisting of four systems in East Asia, four in Europe and four Anglo-American systems.
The emphasis placed on doctoral education and training has increased dramatically in many higher education systems in response to the global competition for highly skilled human resources to serve the needs of knowledge societies. Doctoral education is a key element within the research and development infrastructure, and doctoral students support university research and represent the next generation of the professoriate.
While doctoral education has received considerable attention within national higher education systems, there has been surprisingly little international or comparative research on the structure of doctoral education and the nature of contemporary reforms.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Doctoral Education for the Knowledge Society
- Book Subtitle Convergence or Divergence in National Approaches?
Jung Cheol Shin
Barbara M. Kehm
Glen A. Jones
- Series Title Knowledge Studies in Higher Education
- Series Abbreviated Title Knowledge Studies Higher Education
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89713-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-89712-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07838-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-89713-4
- Series ISSN 2566-7106
- Series E-ISSN 2566-8315
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 255
- Number of Illustrations 48 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
International and Comparative Education
Knowledge - Discourse
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking