About this book
This book is the first scientific publication on diseases caused by agents circulating in natural environments independently from humans, covering the whole territory of the Russian Federation. It contains diverse and multifaceted information, both in textual and cartographic form.
The book focuses on the historical and current distribution of natural-focal diseases in Russia, epidemiological aspects, natural and socio-economic determinants conducing natural foci. With a series of maps this book depicts population morbidity rates in particular regions and on a national level for the 21st century.
With numerous color illustrations this book appeals to a wide audience and is of particular interest to geographers, environmental workers, epidemiologists and other specialists interested in environmental and public health issues.
- Book Title Mapping Russia's Natural Focal Diseases
- Book Subtitle History and Contemporary Approaches
- Series Title Global Perspectives on Health Geography
- Series Abbreviated Title Global Perspectives on Health Geography
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89605-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-89604-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07814-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-89605-2
- Series ISSN 2522-8005
- Series E-ISSN 2522-8013
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 205
- Number of Illustrations 31 b/w illustrations, 170 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site