About this book
This book critically examines the impact of the Inter-American Human Rights System (IAHRS). Going beyond traditional state compliance models of human rights impact, it develops a contextual understanding of how the IAHRS shapes political struggles between actors and institutions seeking to advance the realization of human rights and those who resist such social and political change.
Par Engstrom is Senior Lecturer in Human Rights at the Institute of the Americas, University College, UK, and the academic coordinator of the International Network on the Inter-American Human Rights System.
human rights latin america IAHRS compliance domestic human rights politics international law international human rights
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89459-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-89458-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-89459-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site