Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a guide to systematic approaches of endoscopic biopsies to render a safe, quick and accurate pathological diagnosis in an integrated manner. It also offers important information that pathologists and clinicians should know to get the best value of endoscopic biopsies.
Because some patterns are common to many sites, the overarching introductory chapter gives the reader a generalized approach, which is refined in subsequent site specific chapters. The disease etiologies of each pattern are discussed, with emphasis placed on the most common causes that are encountered in clinical practice. In keeping with recent advances of using small biopsies for testing clinically relevant bio markers, important information that the pathologists and clinicians need to know are highlighted in appropriate sites. Authored by experts in the field, diagnostic features, patterns with relevant endoscopic and clinical clues, traps and overlapping features, and appropriate ancillary tests including clinically relevant molecular signatures in endoscopic biopsies are emphasized.
Endoscopic Biopsy Interpretation: A Practical Guide provides a useful resource for pathologists and clinicians interested in integrating emerging sophisticated pathology techniques into endoscopic biopsies in routine practice.
endoscopic biopsies Neoplastic Non-neoplastic Small intestine Esophagus
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Endoscopic Biopsy Interpretation
- Book Subtitle A Practical Guide
M. Priyanthi Kumarasinghe
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-79117-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-79116-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-79117-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 340
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 284 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site