Table of contents
About this book
This timely book:
- Critiques the cultural competence construct and its evaluation as it is currently disseminated within applied psychology.
- Compares and contrasts how cultural competence is defined within clinical, school, and counseling psychology.
- Analyzes difficulties and challenges in understanding the cultural competence construct as evaluated through the lens of closely related fields outside of applied psychology.
- Spotlights complexities in cultural competence issues pertaining to specific populations.
- Sets out implications for education and training, offering a detailed outline for an ideal college course in cultural competence.
With this level of reasoning and rigor, Cultural Competence in Applied Psychology is sure to stimulate long-overdue dialogue and debate among professionals across a wide variety of fields, such as clinical psychology, social work, child and social psychology, psychotherapy, school psychology, and counseling.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78997-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78995-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78997-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals