About this book
First coined by C.J. Mulvey in 1986, quantales have since developed into a significant topic at the crossroads of algebra and logic, of notable interest to theoretical computer science. This book recasts the subject within the powerful framework of categorical algebra, showcasing its versatility through applications to C*- and MV-algebras, fuzzy sets and automata. With exercises and historical remarks at the end of each chapter, this self-contained book provides readers with a valuable source of references and hints for future research.
This book will appeal to researchers across mathematics and computer science with an interest in category theory, lattice theory, and many-valued logic.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78948-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78947-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78948-4
- Series Print ISSN 1389-2177
- Series Online ISSN 2197-795X
- Buy this book on publisher's site