Table of contents
About this book
With existing literature focusing largely on Western perspectives of peace and their applications, a global understanding of peace is much needed. Spurred by more recent debates and discourses that criticize the dominant realist and liberal approaches for crises in contemporary state- and peace-building, the contributors to this handbook emphasize not only the need to solve this eternal conundrum of humanity, but also demand—with the rise of increasingly more violent conflicts in international relations—the development of a global interpretive framework for peace and security. To this end, the present handbook examines conceptual, institutional and normative interpretive approaches for making, building and promoting peace in the context of roles played by state and non-state actors within local, national, regional, and global units of analysis.
Aigul Kulnazarova is Professor of International Relations and International Law in the School of Global Studies at Tama University, Japan.
Vesselin Popovski is Professor and Vice Dean in the School of Law, as well as Director of the Centre for UN Studies, at Jindal Global University, India.
Global Peace Building Peace contemporary state- and peacebuilding critical perspectives on peace peace thinking voices from the Global South Democratic Peace theory peace in international law sustainable peace international peace through governance
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Palgrave Handbook of Global Approaches to Peace
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78905-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-78904-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-78905-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXVII, 765
- Number of Illustrations 4 b/w illustrations, 25 illustrations in colour
International Relations Theory
International Security Studies
Sources and Subjects of International Law, International Organizations
- Buy this book on publisher's site