About this book
The book examines the performance and optimization of systems where queueing and congestion are important constructs. Both finite and infinite queueing systems are examined. Many examples and case studies are utilized to indicate the breadth and depth of the queueing systems and their range of applicability. Blocking of these processes is very important and the book shows how to deal with this problem in an effective way and not only compute the performance measures of throughput, cycle times, and WIP but also to optimize the resources within these systems.
The book is aimed at advanced undergraduate, graduate, and professionals and academics interested in network design, queueing performance models and their optimization. It assumes that the audience is fairly sophisticated in their mathematical understanding, although the explanations of the topics within the book are fairly detailed.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78822-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78821-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78822-7
- Series Print ISSN 1431-8598
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1773
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking