Table of contents
About this book
This book sheds valuable new light on the genetic mineralogy of lower-mantle diamonds and syngenetic minerals. It presents groundbreaking experimental results revealing the melting relations of ultrabasic and basic associations and a physicochemical peritectic mechanism of their evolution.
The experimental investigations included here reveal the key multicomponent, multiphase oxide-silicate-carbonate-carbon parental media for lower-mantle diamonds and syngenetic minerals. Consequently, readers will find extensive information on the diamond-parental oxide-silicate-carbonate-carbon melts-solutions that supplement the general features of lower-mantle diamond genesis and the most efficient ultrabasic-basic evolution. The experimental results on physicochemical aspects, combined with analytical mineralogy data, make it possible to create a generalized composition diagram of the diamond-parental melts-solutions, there by completing the mantle-carbonatite concept for the genesis of lower-mantle diamonds and syngenetic minerals.
This book addresses the needs of all researchers studying the Earth’s deepest structure, super-deep mineral formation including diamonds, and magmatic evolution.
- Book Title Evolution of Magmatic and Diamond-Forming Systems of the Earth's Lower Mantle
- Series Title Springer Geology
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Geology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78518-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-78517-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-08719-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-78518-9
- Series ISSN 2197-9545
- Series E-ISSN 2197-9553
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 95
- Number of Illustrations 39 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site