About this book
This book introduces the current challenges in modern wind turbine analysis, design and development, and provides a comprehensive examination of state-of-the-art technologies from both academia and industry. The twelve information-rich chapters cover a wide range of topics including reliability-based design, computational fluid dynamics, gearbox and bearing analyses, lightning analysis, structural dynamics, health condition monitoring, advanced techniques for field repair, offshore floating wind turbines, advanced turbine control and grid integration, and other emerging technologies. Each chapter begins with the current status of technology in a lucid, is easy-to-follow treatment, then elaborates on the corresponding advanced technology using detailed methodologies, graphs, mathematical models, computational simulations, and experimental instrumentation. Relevant to a broad audience from students and faculty to researchers, manufacturers, and wind energy engineers and designers, the book is ideal for both educational and research needs.
- Presents the latest developments in reliability-based design optimization, CFD of wind turbines, structural dynamics for wind turbine blades, off-shore floating wind turbines, advanced wind turbine control, and wind power and ramp forecasting for grid integration;
- Includes techniques for wind turbine gearboxes and bearings, evaluation of lightning strike damage, health condition monitoring and reparation techniques;
- Illustrates theories and operational considerations using graphics, tables, computational algorithms, simulation models, and experimental instrumentation;
- Examines unique, innovative technologies for wind energy.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78166-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78165-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78166-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site