Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the geomorphology of Georgia. It describes a country characterized by geological, geomorphological and geographical diversities, located in the Caucasus region at the crossroads of Europe and Asia. This book is based on the results of several years of geomorphological studies and research in Georgia, published for the first time in English, and covers a gap in research in the field of world regional geomorphology.
The landscapes of Georgia consist of high glacial mountains, medium and high mountains with deeply fragmented features, narrow and deep gorges and canyons, seaside lowlands, volcanic cones, uplands and mountain ranges, intermountain plains, hollows and highlands. The peculiarity of the landscape greatly affects the natural conditions. In several chapters, this book describes the diversity of climate, hydrographic network, vegetation cover, soils, fauna, exogenic processes, natural and anthropogenic landscapes.
This volume provides the readers with the opportunity to explore the variety of landscapes and landforms in this diverse and fascinating country through informative texts illustrated with many color maps and photographs. Geomorphology of Georgia appeals to scientists, scholars, teachers and any readers interested in geology, physical geography, geomorphology, tourism and environmental protection. It is a rich resource for field trips and a comprehensive guide for travelers interested in the geomorphology of Georgia.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Geomorphology of Georgia
- Series Title Geography of the Physical Environment
- Series Abbreviated Title Geography of the Physical Environment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77764-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-77763-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-08533-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-77764-1
- Series ISSN 2366-8865
- Series E-ISSN 2366-8873
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 289
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 157 illustrations in colour
World Regional Geography (Continents, Countries, Regions)
- Buy this book on publisher's site