About this book
This expansive reference examines the many types of Family Life Education (FLE) programs being offered around the world, reflecting a myriad of cultures and contexts. Coverage identifies core FLE content areas including parenting education, human sexuality, and interpersonal relationships, and details their programming in various countries over six continents, the Caribbean, and the Middle East. Contributors discuss complex challenges of program design, implementation, and evaluation, as well as connections between FLE and family prevention and intervention services. This knowledge is of great theoretical and practical utility across various fields, and is of particular interest to those developing programs for diverse populations.
This unique volume:
- Presents in-depth information on Family Life Education programs from different countries around the world.
- Discusses how the socio-historic, political, and economic context of a country impacts its families and family services and programs.
- Covers current topics including poverty, domestic violence, and immigration.
- Encourages best practices and thorough understanding of the country/region.
- Offers recommendations for family service providers.
Global Perspectives on Family Life Education is a trove of vital knowledge benefitting scholars and researchers as well as professors, postgraduates, graduate and undergraduate students, and practitioners in the family sciences, family life education, family therapy, social work, child and family studies, psychology, sociology, social work, cultural studies, and urban studies.
Family life education International family Family policies Family coaching FLE Family program development Family services Domestic violence Marital relations Gender roles International parenting Families
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Global Perspectives on Family Life Education
Alan C. Taylor
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77589-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-77588-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-08487-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-77589-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VII, 418
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 5 illustrations in colour
Child and School Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site