About this book
Recent developments in model-predictive control promise remarkable opportunities for designing multi-input, multi-output control systems and improving the control of single-input, single-output systems. This volume provides a definitive survey of the latest model-predictive control methods available to engineers and scientists today.
The initial set of chapters present various methods for managing uncertainty in systems, including stochastic model-predictive control. With the advent of affordable and fast computation, control engineers now need to think about using “computationally intensive controls,” so the second part of this book addresses the solution of optimization problems in “real” time for model-predictive control. The theory and applications of control theory often influence each other, so the last section of Handbook of Model Predictive Control rounds out the book with representative applications to automobiles, healthcare, robotics, and finance.
The chapters in this volume will be useful to working engineers, scientists, and mathematicians, as well as students and faculty interested in the progression of control theory. Future developments in MPC will no doubt build from concepts demonstrated in this book and anyone with an interest in MPC will find fruitful information and suggestions for additional reading.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77489-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77488-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77489-3
- Series Print ISSN 2373-7719
- Series Online ISSN 2373-7727
- Buy this book on publisher's site