About this book
This book focuses on two of the most relevant problems related to power management on multicore and manycore systems. Specifically, one part of the book focuses on maximizing/optimizing computational performance under power or thermal constraints, while another part focuses on minimizing energy consumption under performance (or real-time) constraints.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to energy, power, and temperature management, highlighting the different optimization goals, particularly computational performance, power and energy consumption, and temperature;
- Highlights the differences and similarities between the two key challenges of performance optimization under power or thermal constraints and energy minimization under performance constraints;
- Discusses in detail several means that can be used to optimize performance or energy while satisfying the desired constraints, including core heterogeneity, task-to-core assignment/mapping, dynamic power management (DPM), and dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS).
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77479-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77478-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77479-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site