Table of contents
About this book
This book presents an interdisciplinary study of Lake Cuejdel, one of the youngest natural dam lakes in Romania. Even though the overall study has a strong geographical approach, it also includes limnological and hydrological studies.
The lake was formed in two phases: Initially a small lake appeared in 1978, and then in 1991 a major landslide occurred that blocked the Cuejdel brook and a larger lake was formed.
The book covers various topics, including the lacustrine basin, the geological setting, analyses of the physical-chemical parameters, water dynamics, flora and fauna and lake management.
This book is of interest for those working in freshwater science and ecology, physical geography, hydrology and limnology.
Morpho-Bathymetry of lakes Limno-Ecological Parameters of lakes Management of Lacustrine Systems mountainous freshwater Aquatic open system monitoring limnogeography Romanian lake study
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77213-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77212-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77213-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site