About this book
This book provides a unique overview of oncology nursing care in a new health environment, one in which oncology nurses play an increasingly important role. In this regard, it addresses not only the biomedical aspects of new drugs but also the challenges they pose in day-to-day nursing practice. It also highlights the new skills that oncology nurses will need to develop in light of the changing care setting.
Drawing on evidence-based practice in Europe and around the globe, the book offers a holistic approach to nursing for adult and pediatric patients. Written by respected professionals in the field, it provides nurses interested in oncology with clear and comprehensive information on the specific abilities required, with a focus on therapeutic education, supportive care, genetic counseling and e-health. In addition, it addresses the new role of patients as decision makers and full partners throughout their treatment cycle.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-76457-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-76456-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-76457-3
- Series Print ISSN 2366-875X
- Series Online ISSN 2366-8768
- Buy this book on publisher's site