About this book
This book covers the analysis, modelling, planning, and design of airport landside access modes and their systems. It elaborates on the issues and related problems of airport landside accessibility in an innovative, comprehensive and systematic way. In addition to the general concept of accessibility, the book addresses the analysis and modelling of infrastructure-related, technological, operational, economic, social and environmental performance of road- and rail-based transport systems, as well as the core principles of their planning and design.The book provides guidelines on the modelling, planning, and design of airport landside access modes and their systems, which will contribute to the overall sustainable development of airports. Its main features are:
- presents a multidimensional examination of performance for specific airport landside access modes and their systems;
- pursues a qualitative and quantitative approach to developing performance indicators for estimating the sustainability of airport landside access modes and their systems;
- includes illustrative cases of airport landside accessibility, and numerical examples as exercises for assessing performance using the systems’ indicators.
As such, the book offers a valuable source of information for all practitioners involved in analysing, planning and designing more environmentally friendly airport access modes and systems, and who want to learn how to overcome the issues and problems surrounding landside accessibility. It will also benefit students studying the analysis and modelling of transportation systems, and researchers seeking to promote improved sustainability at airports.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-76150-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-76149-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-76150-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site