About this book
This book provides a comprehensive overview of hair transplantation using the Follicle Unit Extraction method, and is the translation of the successful German edition. Following a brief introduction to the topic and explaining key terms used in hair surgery, it discusses one of the most common reasons for hair loss - androgenic alopecia in men and women. The main body then describes the surgical procedure for the Follicle Unit Extraction (FUE) method, including prerequisites for donor and recipient sites, and postoperative care. The result of this minimally invasive procedure are detailed in a wealth of high-quality pictures. The punch and the FUT technique are highlighted as sampling methods. Rounding off the coverage of this highly interesting topic, the book summarizes the latest findings and offers an outlook on further developments.
This book offers a valuable guide for all plastic surgeons and dermatologists interested in performing this technique at their practices.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75901-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-75900-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-75901-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site