About this book
This book provides fundamental concepts in human thermal physiology and their applications in general public, occupational, military, and athletics settings from the biometeorological perspective. The book includes a section on human physiology, epidemiology and special considerations in aforementioned populations, and behavioral and technological adjustments people may take to combat thermal environmental stress and safeguard their health.
- The book is the first of its kind to compile multiple disciplines - human physiology, climatology, and medicine - in one to provide fundamental concepts in human thermal physiology and their applications in general public, occupational, military, and athletics settings from the biometeorological perspective;
- Developed by experts, scientists, and physicians from exercise physiology, climatology, public health, sports medicine, and military medicine;
- Highlights special considerations and applications of thermal physiology to general public, occupational, military, and athletics settings.
Biometeorology Heat Risk Mitigation Physiological impact of Climate Change Extreme heat Heat and Occupational Health Physiology under heat stress Exercise in the heat Heat stress in the workplace
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75889-3
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-75888-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-75889-3
- Series Print ISSN 2523-3610
- Series Online ISSN 2523-3629
- Buy this book on publisher's site