About this book
For readers of Strategy and IR and researchers on the Middle East, the intermittent war between the PKK and Turkey (1984–present) forms the ideal case study as every possible outcome (military victory, peace negotiations and stalemate) and aspect (terrorism, insurgency and civil unrest) of ethnic civil wars have manifested over the years. This monograph offers an up-to-date analysis of an irregular conflict (2004–2017) which spilled over to neighbouring states since 2011 and continues to shape the Middle East through the lens of Strategic Studies.
Spyridon Plakoudas is Assistant Professor in Strategy and IR at the American University in the Emirates and Vice President of the think tank KEDISA.
Kurdish minority in Turkey insurgency of the PKK Kurdish Question in Turkey Operation “Euphrates Shield” Turkey’s war on terror against ISIS and PKK
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75659-2
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-75658-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-75659-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences