Table of contents
About this book
This book celebrates the work of Don Pigozzi on the occasion of his 80th birthday. In addition to articles written by leading specialists and his disciples, it presents Pigozzi’s scientific output and discusses his impact on the development of science. The book both catalogues his works and offers an extensive profile of Pigozzi as a person, sketching the most important events, not only related to his scientific activity, but also from his personal life.
It reflects Pigozzi's contribution to the rise and development of areas such as abstract algebraic logic (AAL), universal algebra and computer science, and introduces new scientific results. Some of the papers also present chronologically ordered facts relating to the development of the disciplines he contributed to, especially abstract algebraic logic. The book offers valuable source material for historians of science, especially those interested in history of mathematics and logic.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74772-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-74771-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-74772-9
- Series Print ISSN 2211-2758
- Series Online ISSN 2211-2766
- Buy this book on publisher's site