About these proceedings
This book contains the best contributions presented during the 6th National Conference on Earthquake Engineering and the 2nd National Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology - 6CNIS & 2CNISS, that took place on June 14-17, 2017 in Bucharest - Romania, at the Romanian Academy and Technical University of Civil Engineering of Bucharest. The book offers an updated overview of seismic hazard and risk assessment activities, with an emphasis on recent developments in Romania, a very challenging case study because of its peculiar intermediate-depth seismicity and evolutive code-compliant building stock. Moreover, the book collects input of renowned scientists and professionals from Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey and United Kingdom.
The content of the book focuses on seismicity of Romania, geotechnical earthquake engineering, structural analysis and seismic design regulations, innovative solutions for seismic protection of building structures, seismic risk evaluation, resilience-based assessment of structures and management of emergency situations. The sub-chapters consist of the best papers of 6CNIS & 2CNISS selected by the International Advisory and Scientific Committees.
The book is targeted at researchers and experts in seismic hazard and risk, evaluation and rehabilitation of buildings and structures, insurers and re-insurers, and decision makers in the field of emergency situations and recovery activities.
Seismicity in Romania Vrancea Area Resilience Intermediate-depth seismicity Early warning systems Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering Seismic Risk Evaluation Seismic protection of buildings 6CNIS 2CNISS
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Seismic Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Book Subtitle Updated Overview with Emphasis on Romania
- Series Title Springer Natural Hazards
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Natural Hazards
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74724-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-74723-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-09064-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-74724-8
- Series ISSN 2365-0656
- Series E-ISSN 2365-0664
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 544
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site