About this book
This book addresses the highly relevant subject of emerging pollutants, which are especially alarming since most of the available treatment technologies are unable to degrade them. It discusses the sources of these pollutants and their fate in the environment, and the main tools available for their analysis. It also describes the representative environmental matrices (air, soil and water) and appropriate analytical methods for each matrix. Furthermore, it examines aspects of toxicology, chemometrics, sample preparation and green analytical chemistry.
As such, it provides a broad overview of the potential analytical approaches for monitoring and controlling emerging pollutants.This book fills a gap in the literature, and is a valuable resource for all professionals concerned with emerging pollutant control in real-world situations.
Environmental chemistry Environmental analysis Classes of emerging pollutants Degradation products of emerging pollutants Sampling and sample preparation Non-target and suspect analysis emerging pollutant control emerging pollutant treatment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74403-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-74402-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-74403-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site