About this book
This text demonstrates the process of comprehensive applied mathematical modeling through the introduction of various case studies. The case studies are arranged in increasing order of complexity based on the mathematical methods required to analyze the models. The development of these methods is also included, providing a self-contained presentation. To reinforce and supplement the material introduced, original problem sets are offered involving case studies closely related to the ones presented. With this style, the text’s perspective, scope, and completeness of the subject matter are considered unique.
Having grown out of four self-contained courses taught by the authors, this text will be of use in a two-semester sequence for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students, requiring rudimentary knowledge of advanced calculus and differential equations, along with a basic understanding of some simple physical and biological scientific principles.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73518-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-73517-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-73518-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking