About this book
The brief uses GPenSIM to enable the efficient modeling of complex and large-scale discrete-event systems. GPenSIM, which is based on MATLAB®, is designed to allow easy integration of Petri net models with a vast number of toolboxes that are available on the MATLAB®. The book offers an approach for developing models that can interact with the external environment; this will help readers to solve problems in industrial diverse fields. These problems include:
- airport capacity evaluation for aviation authorities;
- finding bottlenecks in supply chains;
- scheduling drilling operations in the oil and gas industry; and
- optimal scheduling of jobs in grid computing.
This brief is of interest to researchers working on the modeling, simulation and performance evaluation of discrete-event systems, as it shows them the design and applications of an efficient modeling package. Since the book also explains the basic principles of modeling discrete-event systems in a step-by-step manner, it is also of interest to final-year undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73102-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-73101-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-73102-5
- Series Print ISSN 2191-530X
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5318
- Buy this book on publisher's site