About this book
Readers will be benefited with the compilations on basic and molecular facet of NPs toxicity. The chapters will provide a comprehensive information on the state-of-the-art methodologies. The application of toxicogenomic approaches, which is already established in nanotoxicology, has been given special consideration to unravel the toxicodynamics of nanomaterials. Among these approaches, the high-throughput RNA sequencing (RNA-Seq), which is able to build a complete map of transcriptome across different cell types and perturbations upon NPs exposure has been included. The readers are also introduced to the less studied topic on the adsorption of biomolecules (mainly proteins) on the NPs surface, constituting the so-called “biomolecular corona”.
The book has been designed for scientists engaged in NPs toxicity research. Nonetheless, it should be of interest to a variety of scientific disciplines including marine biology, environmental pollution, genetics, pharmacology, medicine, drug and food material sciences, consumer products. Also, the compilations will be of interest to the environmental watchdogs, federal regulators, risk assessors and the policy makers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72041-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-72040-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-72041-8
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site