About this book
This book offers hands-on statistical tools for business professionals by focusing on the practical application of a single-equation regression. The authors discuss commonly applied econometric procedures, which are useful in building regression models for economic forecasting and supporting business decisions. A significant part of the book is devoted to traps and pitfalls in implementing regression analysis in real-world scenarios. The book consists of nine chapters, the final two of which are fully devoted to case studies.
Today's business environment is characterised by a huge amount of economic data. Making successful business decisions under such data-abundant conditions requires objective analytical tools, which can help to identify and quantify multiple relationships between dozens of economic variables. Single-equation regression analysis, which is discussed in this book, is one such tool. The book offers a valuable guide and is relevant in various areas of economic and business analysis, including marketing, financial and operational management.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71156-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-71155-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-71156-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site